Proud to be members of the Guild of British Coach Operators
Formed in 1985, the Guild of British Coach Operators represents over 20 of the UK's top coach companies. Membership is only open to coach operators who can demonstrate the highest standards in their operations, so that by hiring from a Guild Member, you are choosing a Quality Assured, customer focused supplier.
Guild Members range from family owned and managed businesses serving their local market up to a large national group quoted on the Stock Exchange.
We are proud to be the 23rd coach company to become a full member of the Guild of British Coach Operators.
All Guild Members offer a range of different types of coaches and seating capacities and all can provide executive coaches with features such as toilets and video/DVD players. Many also offer specialist vehicles including people carriers, super executive coaches for corporate functions or sports teams, double deck coaches, 70-seater school coaches, heritage buses/coaches (ideal for weddings or special events) and even open-top buses!
As a Guld member we can also arrange a complete tour package for Groups, including coach transportation, hotel booking, tickets for attractions and shows, and tour guides, to match your particular needs.
Guild Members meet three times a year and there are separate meetings of specialist groups such as engineering managers. A Board of five members oversees the Guild’s affairs and is elected annually. A part time Administrator provides full secretarial, financial and administrative support.
Members guarantee the following to customers:
- Punctual pick up
- A fully functional coach
- 24 hour emergency back-up
- Courtesy and a prompt reply to enquiries
- Concise terms of hiring in writing
- Written confirmation of bookings
- Uniformed drivers
- A recognised complaints procedure
- Waiver of one day's hire charge for any coach delayed for more than one hour by mechanical defect
All the Member companies of the Guild are required to meet a rigorous quality standards checklist and to subscribe to the Charter. This is in addition to fully complying with all the regulatory rules for the safe operation of buses and coaches.
As a member we are required to achieve a 100% pass on the quality standards checklist before being accepted into Membership and are then audited again every two years to ensure continuing compliance.
The Guild's quality standards cover a wide range of points including the safe operation of coach hires and environmental awareness. In summary, Guild Members must prove they have:
- honest and explicit descriptions of coaches
- an efficient booking and sales process
- written confirmation of bookings and hire terms
- effective maintenance procedures that exceed industry standards
- clean and well-presented coaches
- drivers who are professionally trained and tested
- operations conducted in an environmentally sensitive manner
Read the full quality standards checklist here.