First Electric Coach For York
York Pullman proud to unveil first FULLY-ELECTRIC coach for York.
Our latest new vehicle represents a real milestone in the history of York Pullman with the arrival of York’s very first fully electric ZERO EMISSION coach, a Yutong TCe12.
The Yutong TCe12 can carry up to 50 seated passengers and includes a fully accessible entrance to allow seated wheelchair passengers to travel without leaving their own chair, making this coach fully compliant with new accessibility regulations too!
It features front and centre passenger doors on the near side and the 281Kwh battery will allow it to travel well in excess of 200 miles on one charge. Charging takes place at the depot each evening, with a full charge possible in less than two hours!
This new coach is out and about now in York for home to school contracts, private hires and even rail replacement.
Key features include:
- Powerful electric drive system for quiet, smooth acceleration and driving.
- Efficient electronic braking systems for maximum safety.
- Fully air conditioned interior with full size luxury coach seats and three-point seatbelts to every seat.
- USB charging points at every seat.
- Front, side and rear electronic destination boards.
- Bright and welcoming LED interior lighting.
- Fully accessible interior with space for a wheelchair.
- Music and entertainment system throughout with courier and driver announcement PA system included.
York Pullman’s Managing Director, Tom James said:
“We’re very proud to be the first coach operator in the York area to be making this huge investment in the future of zero-emission coach travel.
Our passengers – and drivers – are already enjoying the new 100% electric coach with lots of great feedback on how smooth, quiet and comfortable it is. We’ve been passionate supporters of the ‘Clean Air York’ initiatives in the city and already have a modern fleet of clean and efficient Euro 6 specification vehicles so we’re thrilled that Yutong have advanced the electric battery technology to this stage where electric coaches can become affordable and accessible to locally based coach operators like York Pullman.”
Look out for us around the streets of York in coming weeks with the coach’s distinctive green and white eco-friendly livery!