Coronavirus – what we’re doing to protect our customers and staff
The York Pullman Group of Companies is taking the current COVID-19 Coronavirus issues very seriously and would like to reassure all of our customers about the steps we are taking to try to keep our customers and staff as safe as possible during their time with us.
The safety, health and well-being of our staff and customers is extremely important to us, which is why we are carefully monitoring both local and national guidance on the issues surrounding the crisis.
Our vehicles are already cleaned to a very high standard daily, but we’ve introduced extra precautionary measures that include additional deep-cleaning of vehicles during the day, and include the following extra measures.
- Extra cleaning equipment has been provided at every depot to ensure that drivers and cleaning staff have full access to the right products.
- Our floor cleaning products include bleach as standard and every vehicle is mopped throughout daily.
- Our passenger handrails, seat arm rests, door handles and other such areas are being additionally cleaned throughout the day with sanitising fluid spray, wipes and disinfectants.
- We have written to all staff detailing the necessity of ensuring good hygiene in both hand-washing and personal hygiene procedures, to ensure that t
hey are as prepared as possible.
- Any staff who exhibit any symptoms of illness are being advised to stay at home for a minimum of seven days.
Contactless payment options are available on our service buses and we are asking passengers to utilise this service wherever possible, to minimise the handling of cash on these vehicles.
Any passengers with questions relating to the use of our services, whether it be private coach hire customers, service bus passengers or parents of pupils on our school services, can click here to email us your query.
This situation is changing by the day and even in some areas by the hour but at this time it is very much business as usual for the York Pullman Group. Our team are keeping fully and carefully up to date with the current advice and regulations from the Goverment, NHS and World Health Organisation and we will provide updates here as and when we have any.