Full-Time PCV Commercial Vehicle Inspector – York
York Pullman Bus Company Ltd is seeking a commercial vehicle HGV/PSV INSPECTOR [vehicle maintenance]based in York.
The role is full time (minimum) 40 regular hours per week [no shifts] working Monday to Friday.
- Basic salary up to £40k per annum
- Paid annual leave
- Membership of Company pension scheme
- York’s largest independent family bus & coach operator
York Pullman is York’s largest independent family bus, coach and HGV operators with an unrivaled reputation for engineering excellence. We hold DVSA Earned Recognition accreditation and our vehicles are presented and maintained to the very highest standards in the industry today.
Based in our modern, well equipped workshops in York, the successful applicant will be a background in commercial vehicle maintenance with a proven track record of at least three years experience in successfully repairing and maintaining vehicles to DVSA MOT standards.
Duties will include all aspects of heavy vehicle inspection duties to assist in the planned preventative maintenance programme of our fleet of buses, coaches and HGVs as well as inspection for preparation of PSV and HGV vehicles for annual MOT testing.
- Minimum three years experience in HGV and/or PSV vehicle maintenance
- Team player – willingness to work alongside a successful team
- Flexible – able to adapt key skills as necessary in the day to day operations of a busy workshop environment
- Good attention to detail – able to work to the very highest standards
- Ability to work consistently and safely to a high standard of Health & Safety
Preferred but not essential requirements;
- HGV/PSV driving licence an advantage
- Experience with PSV vehicles an advantage
- NVQ/IRTEC accreditations an advantage
A meticulous attention to detail in all areas is absolutely essential, including in the production of all reports on vehicle condition.
NVQ/IRTEC accreditation is an advantage but not essential, successful applicants will have the opportunity to undertake additional training within their role.
A highly competitive salary and benefits including paid holidays and pension scheme membership is offered to the successful candidate.